Saturday, January 9, 2016

. . . Be Acceptable In Thy Sight




Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, 
be acceptable in thy sight, 
O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.  
Psalms 19:14





The word of God is full of wisdom, instruction, illustration and guidance on how to live a life that is pleasing to God that in the process allows for a much more productive and satisfying way of life.  Today, we continue from ‘Let The Words Of My Mouth’ with God’s word on how to bring our tongue under subjection.  Our actions are very important.  The Bible tells us we are to be living epistles and to shun the very appearance of evil:

Abstain from all appearance of evil.  1 Thessalonians 5:22

However, the Bible also tells us about the words that proceed out of our mouth.  We not only walk the walk, we talk the talk!

→      Pattern Your Conversation After Jesus:

Jesus spoke gracious words:

And all bare Him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of His mouth, And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?              Luke 4:22

He spoke words of authority about God:

And they were astonished at His doctrine: for He taught them as one that had authority and not as the scribes.   Mark 1:22

There was no guile (sinful speaking) found in His mouth:

Who did no sin, neither was guile found in His mouth; Who, when He was reviled, reviled not again; when He suffered, He threatened not; but committed Himself to him that judgeth righteously.   1 Peter 2:22-23

      Use Your Tongue For Good:

            Speak words of wisdom and kindness:

She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.  Proverbs 31:26

My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be of understanding.   Psalms 49:3

            Talk about God:

I will speak of the glorious honor of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works. Psalms 145:5

My mouth shall shew forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day; for I know not the numbers thereof.   Psalms 71:15

My tongue also shall talk of thy righteousness all the day long: for they are confounded, for they are brought unto shame, that seek my hurt.   Psalms 71:24

            Speak of God's Word:

My tongue shall speak of thy Word; for all thy commandments are righteousness.  Psalms 119:172

With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth.        Psalms 119:13

I will speak of thy testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed.   Psalms 119:46

            Speak words of comfort from God's Word:

Wherefore comfort one another with these words.   1 Thessalonians 4:18

       ❤     Speak of the Kingdom of God:

They shall speak of the glory of thy Kingdom, and talk of thy power.   Psalms 145:11

            Let your lips be filled with praise to God:

My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord; and let all flesh bless His holy name for ever and ever.  Psalms 145:21

Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand.  Psalms 149:6

I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever; with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.   Psalms 89:1

I will greatly praise the Lord with my mouth; yea, I will praise Him among the multitude.  Psalms 109:30

My lips shall utter praise, when thou hast taught me thy statutes.    Psalms 119:171

Because thy loving kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.  Psalms 63:3

My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:  Psalms 63:5

I cried unto Him with my mouth, and He was extolled with my tongue.  Psalms 66:17

Let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honor all the day.   Psalms 71:8

My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto thee; and my soul, which thou hast redeemed. Psalms 71:23

I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.  Psalms 34:1

→      Before You Speak, Ask These Questions:

             *        Will what I am about to say bring glory to God?

And whatsoever ye do in WORD or deed, do ALL in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.   Colossians 3:17

                 *        Is it the truth?
                    *        Is it fair to all concerned?
                 *        Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
                 *        Will it edify others (result in good will and better friendships)?
                 *        If you are talking about another person, have you said the same thing to him or her?
                 *        Do you know that what you are saying is a fact or have you arrived at your own conclusions after hearing rumors?
                 *        If you have something against your brother or sister, have you attempted to be reconciled to them before discussing it with others?
                 *        Is it absolutely necessary that you say this?
      Remember These Verses:

For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.  Psalms 139:4

The wise in heart shall be called prudent: and the sweetness of the lips increaseth learning. Proverbs 16:21

The heart of the wise teacheth his mouth, and addeth learning to his lips.   Proverbs 16:23

A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth; and a word spoken in due season, how good is it!   Proverbs 15:23

Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness.   2 Peter 3:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.    Proverbs 25:11

Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.  Proverbs 21:23

He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life; but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction.  Proverbs 13:3

      Claim These Promises:

Hear; For I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things.  For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.  All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.  Proverbs 8:6-8

      Pray This Prayer:

Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.    Psalms 141:3

       Establish This Purpose:

Thou hast proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; thou has tried me, and shalt find nothing: I AM PURPOSED THAT MY MOUTH SHALL NOT TRANSGRESS.  Psalms 17:3

King David, in all of his battles, hard life situations, and sin, had many things to pray for and yet he included the taming of his tongue in his prayers to God:

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.  Psalms 19:14


Also see:  'Let The Words of My Mouth



(Biblical Studies)



06/06/17
01/23/19
09/22/20
09/22/21

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding us once again of this great power that is our words, for good and for evil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this Bible lesson, it reinforces what I have always believed. Think before you speak lest your forked tongue sting. Be careful with your words for they may hurt or offend. I love the Proverbs about wisdom, I intend to write them in my diary as well as frame them. Framed they would make beautiful gifts for friends or family. Thank you Jed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the Bible lesson. I really like Proverb 31:26. 'She opened her mouth with wisdom and in her tongue is the law of kindness'. I love the imagery. Beautiful. I intend to learn this, to write it down as well as frame it. So I can read it everyday. Thank you again Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and encouraged!