Thursday, December 28, 2017

No Worries





Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 
And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, 
That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 
Matthew 6:27-29




As always, I’m thanking God for the donning of a new day. And so even on today, this day that the Lord has made and allowed us to participate in, I’m rejoicing in it and I’m glad! I can say: Just another day that the Lord has kept me. I still have my desire to be a living epistle; sharing the word of God wherever I may be.

Today, lets focus on the love and consistency that God has for us. I never would have made it; would not be who I am in Him today, without his infinite grace and mercy. He called me with tender mercies and loving kindness. I truly rejoice in that this morning. Part of my reflection this morning focuses on how God kept me even in my mess and didn't allow my opportunity to slip by. 

How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.  Psalm 36:7

Apostle Paul admonishes us to be thankful and to give thanks unto the one who is able to keep us in all of our ways, to the one who sustains us.  It doesn't matter what opposition we are going through, what trouble we see lying in wait or the struggles we currently are facing, give thanks to God.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.  1 Thessalonians 5:18

I am reminded of something Apostle Paul said to the church at Colossi:  

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled.  In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:  If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven;  Colossians 1:21-23

When God called me into His fold, He didn't leave me to fight on my own. He equipped me with everything I need to live a victorious life in Him. All I have to do is avail myself to God. I praise God this morning because He is every single thing I need; everything I need is found in Him. 

Do you know Jesus promised us the comforter through our heavenly father, which is the Holy spirit?

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.  John 16:7

God promised to never leave us nor forsake us. He said that we can cast our cares on Him and just as He takes care of the lilies in the field, He'll take care of us. 

Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.  Luke 12:27 

All we have to do is trust and believe.  This is what Jesus said:

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.    And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am , there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.  Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
  John 14:1-6

One truth that we should know is that God is unchanging. He is the immovable mover and His will and His ways are trustworthy, flawless and unfailing and as long as we’re in His will, we are guaranteed some promises God has made to those who belong to Him:


"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Jesus Christ our Lord" Romans 8:38-39

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  John 3:16

For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.   Jeremiah 29:11

These are promises that God made to us that we can bank on because:

     God is not a respecter of persons as Apostle Paul points out to us in Romans:

But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: For there is no respect of persons with God.  Romans 2:10-11  

Since I believe in the infallible word of God, I believe there are some promises of God in store for me!
√     God speaks to us and lets us know that He does not change

For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.  Malachi 3:6

His word lets us know that He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. 

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
  Hebrews 13:8

 √     He lets us know that He is not a man that He should lie

And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent.   1 Samuel 15:29

We all know people who have reneged on their word, but it’s a wonderful thing to know that we have a God who does not go back on His word. If He said it, that’s it and that settles it. 

His word is already settled in heaven.

For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven.
  Psalms 119:89




So today, we want to reach up to God and 
embrace Him in His sovereignty!




Biblical Studies




10/11/13
02/20/15
03/07/16
03/02/19
12/19/20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and encouraged!