Monday, May 14, 2018

* Great and Wonderful Promises



According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, 
through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these 
ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption 
that is in the world through lust.   
2 Peter 1:3-4





Oftentimes, in our walk with God, we have obstacles that mentally and emotionally overwhelm us and in some instances nearly take us out of our faith or cause us to faint in our belief.  Many years ago, such was the case with me.  At times, I felt like I was holding on with the slimmest of hope as I battled the depression, oppression and sense of defeat that had set up camp in my mind and in my spirit.  The bible tells us that:

For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.   Galatians 5:15

. . . I was caught in this trap of wanting to go another way; a way that my inner self thought would be better and easier for me.  But once I realized that as slim as my hope was, yet it was there.  God tells us that we have a hope in Him:

Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.  1 Peter 1:21


And so I clung to that slim hope.  My situation was one that once I went to bed, I was so miserable in my situation that all I could do was cry.  I can testify that it was God who comforted me throughout the night; God who would bring to remembrance His words that would calm the nagging, persistent thoughts going through my mind.  I was surprised at the time because I didn't realize that I had that much word in me!  It was God's word that kept me and comforted me.

God tells us in his word:

And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;  Luke 18:1

Because God tells us in His word that He is not a respecter of person, if He was able to bring me out of a horrible place in my mind, He can do the same for you!


Apostle Paul points out to us:   


But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good; first to the Jew and also to the Gentile: For there is no respect of persons with God.   Romans 2:10-11:

Jesus promised us the comforter through our heavenly father, which is the Holy Spirit.  He promised to never leave us nor forsake us.  He said that we can cast our cares on Him and just as he takes care of the lilies in the field, He‘ll take care of us.  All we have to do is trust and believe.

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.  John 14:1-6

One truth that we should know is that God is unchanging.  He is the unmovable mover and His will; His ways are trustworthy, flawless, unfailing and as long as we’re in His will, we are guaranteed those promises God has made to those who belong to Him. 

So then since I believe in the infallible word of God, I believe there are some promises of God in store for me!

God speaks to us and lets us know that He does not change.   

For I am the Lord, I change not; . . .
Malachi 3:6 

His word lets us know that He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.


Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. Hebrews 13:8


He lets us know that He is not a man that He should lie.

And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent. 1 Samuel 15:29

It’s a wonderful thing to know that we have a God who does not go back on His word.  If He said it, that’s it and that settles it!  His word is already settled in heaven.  All we have to do is believe it!

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 2 Peter 1:4

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.  Jeremiah 29:11

God tells us in His word, that the battle is not ours, that it belongs to Him.  Apostle Paul encourages believers to put on the whole armour of God; not to fight, but to stand.  

So when we feel overwhelmed with the cares of this world, ask God to help you to stand and when you've done all that you can possibly do, ask God to help you to stand with your faith rooted and grounded in Him.  Ask God to help you to rely on the promises He has given us in His word

    God promises us rest!  

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  (Matthew 11:28-29)  

     God promises up peace!  

He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.  Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.  Isaiah 40:29-31


     God is our provider!

King David said, 


“I was young and now I’m old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.”  Psalm 37:25

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:19   

     God is our protector!  He said we will live in peace, untroubled by fear of harm.

But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.  (Proverbs 1:33) 

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.  John 14:27 

     God's love surpasses understanding! 

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Romans 8:37-39

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:7

God has promised us too much for us to fail Him!




(Biblical Study)




10/05/13
12/10/14
11/10/15
12/15/16
04/25/20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and encouraged!