Thursday, January 17, 2019

Strive for the Glory



Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; 
for therein do I delight.   
Psalms 119:35


If we want the glory; the treasure of God, revealed in and through us we have to be the earthen vessels that He calls us to be.  If we be honest with ourselves and with God, we have to admit that there are some things in this walk that we just cannot do if left to our own devices.  For all of those things that we struggle with, that we find difficult to do, we ought to do as King David did and ask God to make you stop doing things outside the will of God or ask God to make you start doing the things of God that He requires of us!  You can do the same thing King David did and say in His communion with God,

Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.   Psalms 119:35

We have to understand  as disciples of God where He wants to take us in the spirit.

The reason why we find it so difficult to engage in the things of God is because we struggle between following Jesus and following our own human agenda’s:  personal aspirations, career goals, personal visions for our life.  This struggle is what causes the difficulty.  Because our backgrounds have shaped us; our agendas or plans are totally different from what God calls us to be.  This is where ‘Not my will but yours God’  becomes crucial to us.  Just like Jesus said,

. . . if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.  Luke 22:42

The struggle comes in fighting against God's will.   We fight in our spirit.  We put our personal agendas before God.  And we wonder why we are tired!  We cannot rest in God when we struggle.   Jesus tells us to:

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  Matthew 11:29.  

Gods glory cannot be revealed when we negate the scripture.  We have to ask our self what are we doing that hinders the glory of God being revealed in us.    When you think about it, it really is useless to go against God because He doesn’t need our permission because our life belongs to Him.  He can change the path that you are on without your authorization.   The bible says, 

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Hebrews 12:2 

Doing something that totally went against human nature so that the glory of God would be totally revealed in His life.  So in our prayer this morning, ask God to make you follow the path that He has set before you.  Let’s pray

Dear Heavenly Father, I come to you this day with a grateful heart; rejoicing in this day that You’ve made.  You said let everything that has breath praise You.  And so Lord, I am praising and magnifying Your name on today; giving You all of the honor and glory as it surely belongs to You.  Lord we thank You and we praise You in the beauty of your holiness.  On this day Lord, I thank You for Your creation of the heavens and the earth that reveal Your glory.  When I look up in the skies and behold the magnificence of Your creation, I am in awe.

To Your wisdom Lord, there is no end.  You and only You are God alone.  You are the one true living, all wise God.   It was You who set all things in motion.  And so I honor you as the sovereign One not only of this earth and this universe, but of my life.   Lord, I know that all power belongs to You and that at one thought You can move heaven and earth at Your pleasure but we come to You today Lord asking that you send the angels to watch over, protect and be with Your children in these turbulent times; that You build a fence all around us to keep the enemy, the devourer, at bay. 

Lord we acknowledge that we need You each and every minute of every day.  You are our sustainer; our keeper in our times of trouble.   We have no need to sorrow as the world does because we have the comfort of Your precious Holy Spirit residing within us and we thank you for that.

Lord we thank You for the blood of the precious lamb, Jesus Christ.  We know that through His blood comes power to be washed and delivered from sin, healing power, redemptive power, power to live right and power to do Your will.  Had it not been for the shedding of the blood . . . and so I just want to thank You God for Your son, Jesus Christ, who became the final sacrifice for our sins.

The song says, ‘to be like Jesus, to be like Jesus!  On earth I long just to be like Him.’   Lord Your everlasting love, Your loving kindness, Your tender mercy is more than we can comprehend, but we desire and endeavor to be like our perfect example, Jesus Christ.  I thank You God for Jesus, Your only begotten son who set the pattern; the example for us to follow so that we too can be glory carriers.  

Someone is hurting today, Lord, someone is distressed, discouraged, ailing in their body, confused in their mind hurting in their heart.  But Lord, I know that You are able to relieve and alleviate the curse of the enemy who desires to see us defeated and cast down and under his management.  In the mighty name of Jesus, the name that all will have to bow down to, the only name given whereby we are able to obtain salvation, we ask that You intervene according to Your will and make a way out of seemingly impossible situations!   Lord You said with man it is impossible, but with You, all things are possible!  Help someone to believe in You; to know that You are the alpha and the omega and without You, we are lost.  Lord you tell us in your word that you saw us when we were lost, cast out, cast down, polluted in our own blood-stained sin But you saved us; rescued us from ourselves.  Without You, we are like ships without sails;  like sheep who have gone astray; just aimlessly drifting without direction, off course from Your will.  It’s our prayer today Lord that you put somebody on course today.  Use us, Your earthen vessels,  to shed light to the lost.  Help us to be willing vessels.  Help us to be instruments for Your glory and for Your purpose. 

Help us Lord to put all of our faith in You; wholly trusting and leaning on You; knowing that our hope is built on nothing less than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.  We need You Lord like never before, in our homes, in our jobs, in our churches – we need You Lord!  Help us to make our way back to You; help us to get our focus back to You; help us to be what You called us to be which is witnesses for You.  Help us Lord, despite everything that is going on in the world today, to still remain focused on You.  We can’t become despondent over the cares of this world but we have to continue moving forward in You – providing a shining light to the world; letting Your glory spill out of us for the world to see.

You already said in Your word that our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Lord, bring deliverance wherever it is needed in accordance to Your Divine will.

Help us to fight in the spirit and to recognize that our fight is not against flesh and blood, but through our prayers, Your word, the blood of Jesus, the power of Jesus name, the indwelling of Your Holy Spirit, we are armed to stand against every single attack of the enemy. With You on our side Lord, we know we are victorious!

And now Lord as we come before You, I pray that Your Holy Spirit lead and guide us in the direction, that we should take, that our assigned angels be with us and that we represent You well as ambassadors of Your Kingdom.

In Jesus name I thank you and I pray, amen.

Psalms 27
 is a humbling praise, acknowledgement and submission to God:

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all he days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. 

 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing , yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD. Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek. Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, Neither forsake me, O God of my salvation. When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up. Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies. Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty. I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.


Blessings to you,

Elder C. L. Henry





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and encouraged!