Thursday, August 17, 2017

Transformed by the Word





And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: 
for they know not the voice of strangers.
John 10:4-5




Saints, we need to know the word of God; this is how we are able to transform the world.

It is very important that we know the word of God and be able to finish a scripture as it is spoken.

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.  Psalms 119:11

Understand the importance of dealing with the battle of the mind while still freeing yourself from bondage.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.  Matthew 11:28-30

We should experience an anxiety-free, worry-free, fear-free, pressure-free life in God.  

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 1 John 5:3

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
  Matthew 11:28

¨  God’s commandments are not grievous.  

A true disciple not only knows they are free, they feel like they are free; there is something down on the inside that causes us not to worry and be stressed.  If we love God, we will keep His commandments.  God will not put things on us that are grievous.  We need to stop blaming God and look at the decisions we make; count up the cost before we make the decision.  

¨  God’s commandments are not oppressive.  

They will never destroy life!  


God’s commandments give, sustain, preserve and increase life!  

We keep God’s commandments because of our love for God.    

If ye love me, keep my commandments.   John 14:15


Keeping God’s commandments will give us 
rest, relief, release, ease, and blessed quietness.

The rest of God in our lives mean there should be blessed quietness; shutting down the mouth of the enemy. 

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.  John 14:2

Our peace is more precious than our worldly possessions, friends, loved ones and acquaintances.  Everything changes when we come in Christ; our peace should be spiritually not worldly or materially based.  Peace in the world does not compare to the peace of God.  The saving of our soul is the most precious thing we have.  It is yours for the taking; God’s yoke.  Learn from it; it is easy and his burden light.  We can’t take God’s yoke and still live a life of bondage to the cares of the world.  We are validated through God; not man.  We cannot continue to live in bondage.  Why we are still bound?  The question becomes:

à    What do I get when I receive and accept discipleship? 
à    What does discipleship mean for the single parent?
à    For the business man, the professional, the athlete, the addict, the imprisoned?
à    Where will it take me?
à    What decisions and painful separations will it entail?

These are the questions that, when you witness to others, go through their minds and even some of the believers of God.  This is a divine and holy call to discipleship that we did not call our self to.  Because you did not call yourself, you’re not entitled to ask questions.  Only Jesus knows where your path leads.

Th
ou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.  Psalms 16:11

No
matter where you’re at on the path God called you to, it will lead you to heaven.  Jesus will teach you the path of life when you accept His call.  

The
 first part of getting into God’s presence is being on the right path.  God wants us vulnerable and open to Him.  Stop exposing your vulnerabilities to others and go to God directly.  Is God leading you?  The path will not always be smooth but we still remain with God no matter what.  Thank God for what you have with all you have no matter what.  God will show you how to get to have abundant life.

The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.
  Psalms 25:14

In God’s presence, He will show you parts of your contract; where your life will end up.  God will show you how to get to a place of good success.  God has secrets that he shares with those who get in his presence.   

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.  John 15:15

You don’t have to tell everyone what God is doing for you; let the Holy Spirit broadcast it for you.  Make sure you are on the right path;

Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.  Psalms 119:35

We
are to delight in God’s commandments; love what He loves and hate what He hates.



“make me to know your path”
Ask God to make you, let God’s will be your will.

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: Hebrews 8:10

This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; Hebrews 10:16

We do not read the word of God as if it is a magazine, we read it as if it is life because it is.

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.  John 6:63

Know that when you pray the “make me to know your path”, the enemy is going to attack you. On your worst day, you should still believe God! Any place you get to in your journey, there is an anchor that you have to have in God. God will only allow you to go so far before He pulls you back in.  For the ones studying the bible: always start with KJV first, then use another source for easier reading like the amplified. Never use the NIV bible as it contains many omissions.

Make
God’s commandments your delight.  There are some sins that we can stop on our own without the help of God. The other ones, we need to ask God to help us.  Don’t allow the devil to minister to your struggle; take your struggle to God.  The conviction of the Holy Spirit helps you when you begin to stray from the path of God.  Get to a place in God where we understand that discipleship is not a buddy-buddy system, it is for us to follow God.  Understand the fullness of God; not just His works, but His word.  Don’t get it confused with your free will; it is about your will submitting to God’s will.   

B
ut now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.  Isaiah 64:8

W
e matter to God and He loves us too much to allow us to continue going down the path of destruction.  Be honest with yourself and with God and admit when you are not ready for spiritual assignments while in the midst of your struggles.  Pray the ‘make me’ prayer.  Make sure you have people in your circle that will make you accountable.

Discipleship must be more than just a show.







(Biblical Studies)



01/25/19
03/12/20


Excerpt from Word Enrichment on Discipleship
- Bishop Joel C. Lofton

1 comment:

  1. John 3:3 Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."
    John 3:5 Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit."

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and encouraged!